It has been one of those weeks when one thing after another seems to fall apart (include me). I've had several days where I've had to wear actual work clothes instead of just something that I can pass off as being put together. DRAMA.
This is also the second week that I'm supposed to be be working 40 hours. (Hope no one from work noticed the "supposed"...). Not an easy transition no matter how you try and make it work. YUCK.
So, instead of getting down to business and taking care of my page long to-do list for today, I'm here. Reminiscing about being at home and spending so much time with my kids that I didn't even remember the password to my blackberry.
Of all the things to miss about being at home, I miss holding the little man pretty much the most. There is nothing better than a baby that is happy and that you can hold all you want without thinking, "I should be..." Instead, you learn all the amazing things you can do with just one hand. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Make brownies. Two hands are required to get them from bowl to the pan.
- Fix K's hair for school. Headband or clips. No ponytails.
- Transfer laundry from the washer to the dryer. (EXTREMELY slow process.)
- Pick up small limbs from the yard.
- Supervise K planting seeds, watering, etc.
- Use the computer for fun things (shopping and e-mailing cute pictures anyone?)
The list goes on and on, but I should not. At least not for today.
More cuteness from our big girl and little man soon!