We have so much to be thankful for. My family is healthy, we have a safe and beautiful home. Plenty to eat. As Thanksgiving approaches and we hustle around to unpack from one trip and repack for another its good to step back, sit down and appreciate all that is right in the world.
Okay. Now that I'm done with that, here is a bit of a cheeky list of things we're thankful for.
1. Our washing machine is nine years old and its only had one little problem ever. A leak. Last night. Its still running today - or was when I left for work.
2. Sweet kids who can't get enough of us. Even when its way past bedtime and snuggling more will equal grumpy kids in the morning. They are getting so big, that just a few more hugs is worth it.
3. Hair color. I'm totally getting freshened up before the big weekend festivities. Every one has top primp. Required.
4. Cute shoes and new pants. We always try and keep an eye on the budget and even with the holidays coming and gifts to buy my awesome husband totally encouraged me to buy new pants this weekend. New pants.
5. Loving husband who knows me better than I know myself. Feeling down about the way I'm not yet fitting into all of my pre-baby clothes? "You should get another pair of pants then." You are the best! I totally got two. Thank you Khol's sale.
6. Mama. One little word that lets you know you are the center of their universe. Makes my heart melt. So thankful for my little man.
7. Girl Time. Thankful that as by Big Girl gets bigger she wants to hang out with me. Haircuts. Mani, Peti. Shoe shopping. Can go to Children's Place on the computer and look around? Don't know how she could have come up with such an idea - online shopping? I know nothing about that (smirk).
I could go on and on. But here is the point. We have a good life. A very good life. I'm so thankful for all of the blessing we have received and for the love of so many friends and family that make the tough moments and days easier.