That worked great with the first child. Now we are on child number two. When our oldest was little I always knew I wanted more kids, so I bought many of the infant and toddler items - especially toys - in unisex colors. So far its been great. My second child is enjoying many treats as he grows without breaking the bank or even running to the store. Its just a quick climb up to the attic and he has a new book or truck or whatever.
Now its Christmas. I've got
Before I go on, let me say that we like to be frugal, but we aren't cheap. We use coupons, but we don't buy stuff or pick it up at the store just because its a deal if we aren't going to use it.... Okay. So maybe I just covered this in the whole "we saved our toddler toys" section. I'll move on.
So should we or shouldn't we just wrap up whats in the attic for the Little Man for Christmas? Its all new to him. Big Sister doesn't remember most of it.
1. Little People Fire Truck
- $36.99 collectibale - ha! - used
- $12.99 used
2. Little People Bus in yellow
- $19.99 used
- $32.99 new
3. Fisher Price Peek-A-Boo Blocks in a big case
- $19.99 used
4. Wagon for Fisher Price Peek-A-Boo Blocks
- $19.99 used without as many block as we have, extra blocks go for $12.99 for four
- $42.99 new without as many blocks as we have. I didn't pay this much. It was a two coupon and wait till its on sale situation. I think I paid $25.
5. Fisher Price Gumball Machine
- $7.99 used
6. Kettler Trike
- $219 new
- $129 used
7. Eric Carl Board Books (we have four)
- $11.99 to $5.99 each new
- $30 (what are they thinking?) to $2.50 each used
Its a lot of money. Right? So, I'm asking for your feedback. What would you do?